Friday, November 4, 2011

Monday, November 4th, 1996

The girls are out of school and spending the night at Jimmy's house.  Kim and I took Dylan out for an ice cream cone.  He squalled when it -- inevitably broke.  I fixed it but when he dropped the thing on the floor I knew it was time to go.  He and I have spent the whole day together.  We went out for a while.  I wanted to find a present for Momberly but couldn't find what I had in mind -- so all we got accomplished was the eating of pretzels and the purchasing of some things at the health food store -Ipsab for one thing.  The gums on my upper left side of my face are receding all the way into my forehead, and I'm hoping to put the brakes on their exodus.  I also got some pasta made with stuff other than wheat -- quinoa and spelt.  I read that a lot of carbohydrates, particularly wheat, can aggravate depression and I eat a lot of it so I'm thinking about cutting it out - or at least cutting it down for a while.  I'm also thinking of going vegan.  What I want to do, I think, is narrow my choices so I'll eat a lot more vegetables.
I haven't had any Diet Coke for the last tow days, aren't you proud of me?  Yesterday I had a caffeine-free Diet Coke and a BC powder -- I guess I could have dissolved the BC into the beverage and made my own Diet Coke, but today I've had nothing bubbly but seltzer and Ginseng Rush -- oh, and a BC powder.  Tomorrow I think the headache will be gone and I can tell the BC to take a powder.  I hope I'll remember how bad those headaches are if I ever decide to become a caffeine addict again.
Sgt. Mullings called me at work yesterday cuz he was upset about that note I left him about the communications in our department being bad.  He's such a company man -- trying to sell me on what a great guy Ott is -- but I told him there was no other word but bad for the communication in our department.  I also told him that morale was at an all-time low but he basically called me a liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment